- Design Guides
- Mar 15, 2023
Structural Screw Catalog
MTC Solutions’ Structural Screw Catalog is our most comprehensive guide for structural self-tapping screws. It provides designers and installers with a complete set of practical & technical information organized in an easy-to-read chapter structure. It includes all design formulas needed to determine your connections’ capacities, specific installation guidelines with geometry requirements in a wide variety of situations, tools recommendations, service conditions, and all ASSY fastener references to specify in your design.
The structural screw catalog is a go-to tool to design connections and properly install fasteners in your cutting-edge and code compliant mass timber projects.
Version 2.0 US is out! What’s new in it?
- A completely new vibrant look and visual overhaul
- Our previous “General Notes” section has been expanded and split into two categories:
- Notes to the Designer
- Notes to the Installer
- The “General Information” section has been expanded to include:
- A Connection Classification Recap
- Design Details on Connection Resistances Calculation for Single & Multiple Fasteners Scenarios
- A Complete Design Formula Summary, including:
- Adjusted Withdrawal Design Value
- Adjusted Head Pull-Through Design Value
- Fastener Tensile Strength
- Fastener Shear Strength
- Adjusted Buckling Design Value
- Adjusted Lateral Design Value
- Combined Loads Resistance Calculation
- Load Combination Check
- A Service Conditions & Corrosion section
- All MTC fastening solutions in one guide; ASSY 3.0, ASSY 4.0, ASSY Fully Threaded, Stainless Steel Fasteners & SDD
- New ICC-ESR 3178 2022 Fyb values
- All MTC installation Accessories with in-depth information to speed up your processes.
- An in-depth appendix section including:
- Step-by-Step Installation Guidelines
- Lateral Connections Knowledge
- Geometry Requirements
- Steel to Wood Connection Details
* Canadian version pending for update