CYLINDER HEAD SELF-DRILLING DOWEL DESIGNED FOR STRUCTURAL INTERNAL KNIFE PLATE CONNECTIONS
The SDD Self-Drilling Dowel is a cylinder head dowel fastener designed for timber connections with knife plates.
- Available in 6.9 mm (1/4”) diameter
- Available in lengths of 73 mm (2-7/8”) to 233 mm (9-1/8”)
- The unique drilling tip eliminates the need for pre-drilling in wood, aluminum, and thin (1/8”) steel plates
- Made of hardened steel, resulting in higher shear resistance than non-hardened dowels
- Low installation torque makes the SDD easy to install with a cordless drill without the need for additional equipment
- The continuous thread ensures a tight fit that reduces slip in critical connections and helps drive the dowel forward reducing the amount of force needed for installation
- Designed to be used with AW 40 drill bits for exceptional fit and durability
- The cylinder head can be easily plugged with a wooden dowel
The SDD Self-Drilling Dowel can be used in multiple connection scenarios where internal steel plates are used for load transmission. The SDD can be used without pre-drilling with steel plates up to 1/8” thick making it a fast and efficient solution.
- Categories: Fasteners, Dowels
Mass & Heavy Timber Construction