Flat Washer Head Partially Threaded Self-tapping Structural Wood Screw
The ASSY® Flat Washer Head (FWH) is a multi-purpose engineered structural screw with a large washer head. Code-approved reliability, the ASSY FWH has been awarded an ICC-ESR approval in the United States. The head pull-in resistance is increased with the head of this screw. The use of an additional washer on the screw head is not required for many standard applications.
- Only available in 8 mm (5/16”) diameter
- Available in lengths of 160 mm (6-1/4”) to 400 mm (15-3/4”)
- Provides tremendous head pull-through capacity
- Offers a clean countersunk finish
- Aggressive self-tapping tip bites into the wood and assures quick and easy installation
- Partially threaded to pull members together tightly
- Equipped with a shank cutter to ease installation
- Counter Thread Tip cuts the wood and pushes it aside
- Suitable for ledger board to rim joist connections, and ledger board to stud wall connections
- Ideal for Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) panel-to-panel connections
The ASSY FWH is a two-in-one engineered screw that combines the pulling power of a washer-head screw with the clean finish of a countersunk head screw. The FWH like the other ASSY screw is a structural, self-tapping screw with a counter thread tip for reduced wood splitting and precise setting.
- Categories: Fasteners, Partially Threaded
Timber Framing, Log Home Building, Mass & Heavy Timber Construction